Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine rounded inside edge

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
265 Views, 3 Replies

Machine rounded inside edge

I am new to CAD/CAM and have started designing stuff a few months ago with Fusion. Right now I am trying to manufacture a case for my phone. The design went fine, deriving from a phone model, then offsetting and thickening the case.

The CAM side of things is where I run into trouble. Facing, pocketing all is fine. What I can't get the software to do, is to machine the inside rounded edge of the case (see screenshot att.). I actually have a bit for that. 

Until now, I have spent several nights going through all the settings without success.

Could anyone point this newbie in the right direction?

Thank you, RBR

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kamil.malec94
in reply to: Anonymous

Looks like there is a good number of strategies to mill the radius. You said you have a bit for it, meaning that the radius of the tool is the same as the case radius? In this case you may want to use 2D Contour and select upper edge of the radius, and adjust Bottom Height to the bottom of the pocket. If you have a bit with a different radius than the case radius, you may want to try 3D contour with Multiple Depths enabled or Flow with manual stepovers, as I said there is a number of strategies to choose from. If you can supply the Fusion file, please upload. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: kamil.malec94

This worked, thank you!
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: kamil.malec94

This worked very well, thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report