Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Builder - Nutating Head

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
cheryl_sneddon
813 Views, 11 Replies

Machine Builder - Nutating Head

Hi all, 

Looking for some help, I understand the machine builder is new and I was wondering if it was possible to have a machine configuration with a nutating head? The machine I am trying to build is the Correa Norma MG25. 

I can't seem to get the correct kinematics I need which would be XYZ linear, AB rotating heads, C table rotary. Is this possible?

Thanks, 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi @cheryl_sneddon 

Yes it is possible to simulate the nutating head machine as well key thing setting the machine kinematic tree correctly

your kinematics tree should be something like this and the 45 deg nutating head should have the orentation values 0.707107 in X and 0 in Y and 0.707107 in Z 

45deg head.png

If it still it didn't attach the machine model over here.

Boopathi Sivakumar
Senior Technology Consultant

Message 3 of 12

Thanks @boopathi.sivakumar so I have defined my machine in my post processor, so I am assuming that my machine definition must be the same as what is recorded in the machine kinematics, like in Powermill?

Message 4 of 12

@cheryl_sneddon 

You don't need to define kinematics in both the places. Either you define the kinematics in machine definition via machine configuration tab as above or else define in the post processor. 

If you define it in both the places. the kinematics will be taken form the post processor.

Boopathi Sivakumar

Message 5 of 12

Hi @boopathi.sivakumar thanks, 

So if I have already defined my machine kinematics in my post processor how do I get my model to simulate?

Also I have attached an image to show you the machine I am working with, both heads rotate around the Y, do you think this is possible to simulate?XYZABC.jpg

So the heads A and B rotate around the Y and the C is the rotary table. Before I go any further is this possible currently? Also to confirm the heads nutate at 45 deg. 

Message 6 of 12

For working with simulation you have to set the machine kinematics only in machine configuration. You have to disable the kinematics in the post processor. 

refer the below link to know more about building the machine file from scratch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2kyR4y7iNg

If nothing works, attach machine model here and mention the limits of each axis i can help to create the machine file.

Boopathi Sivakumar

Message 7 of 12

Hi @boopathi.sivakumar Thanks for your help! 😁

Message 8 of 12

In this example, shouldnt it be B0.707 C0.707 instead of A0.707 C0.707 ? @boopathi.sivakumar 

Inventor HSM and Fusion 360 CAM trainer and postprocessor builder in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Message 9 of 12

yes that's right if the head is rotating around Y and Z then it should be B axis 0, 0.707, 0.707 

Boopathi Sivakumar

Message 10 of 12
chris.bmpe
in reply to: cheryl_sneddon

Hi guys , bit late to the party. But I’m trying to create this exact machine in both configuration and simulation 

where did you get this model from and exactly how did you set the 45 degree swivel up ?

Message 11 of 12
cheryl_sneddon
in reply to: chris.bmpe

Hi Chris, 

The model was given to me through a customer, but I am sure it came from Correa directly. 

The post for this machine was never finished at that time, I am sure Autodesk will have a different set up for it now. 

Controlling 6 axis was getting complicated at that time. 

Message 12 of 12
chris.bmpe
in reply to: cheryl_sneddon

Hi , did you ever get the kinematics side of the machine definition working ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report