Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M8 Coolant Issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
383 Views, 7 Replies

M8 Coolant Issue

I'm having an issue with a posted program not turning on the coolant with the M8 command. I'm using Fusion 360 and a Siemens 840D Controller. the post has the M8 command but will not turn the coolant on automatically. I can turn it on manually and it will shut off for the automatic tool change but will not restart unless I turn it back on manually. The post I'm using is - Siemens SINUMERIK 840D / Siemens 840d. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
johnswetz1982
in reply to: Anonymous

Are the tools in your tool library set to use flood coolant? Or is the program posting a M8 and the control not honoring it?

Message 3 of 8
daniel_lyall

As a test put M8 into the MDI, by default the M8 is in the post if this fails, try M7.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: johnswetz1982

Yes, it is loaded into the post but does not turn the coolant on. All the tools are set up for flood coolant in the setup.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Using M8 in the MDI the coolant works just fine. I tried using M7 in it's place in the program and that did not work either.

Message 6 of 8
johnswetz1982

if there are set up in the tool definitions, make sure you have the latest version of the post. There is a comment on the change log on 4/1/2019 that there was an edit "Fixed potential coolant output issue. (#87)". The first section of the post to check would be,                                                                    840D_Coolant.jpg

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

The post I'm using is just as the screen shot you posted, the date however of the revision is 09-06-2018. Not sure how to download/upload a new post revision but I'll take a look at it.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

// samples:
// throughTool: {on: 88, off: 89}
// throughTool: {on: [8, 88], off: [9, 89]}
var coolants = {
flood: {on: 8},
mist: {},
throughTool: {},
air: {},
airThroughTool: {},
suction: {},
floodMist: {},
floodThroughTool: {},
off: 9
};

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report