Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last update cleared all my posts Output Folder settings!

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
HughesTooling
672 Views, 17 Replies

Last update cleared all my posts Output Folder settings!

I post to 5 or 6 different machines and had setup the output folder on the post dialog for all of them, the last update cleared all the settings!😞 Only updated at the end of last week, all posts today needed reselection of the output folder.

image.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
zwelsh91
in reply to: HughesTooling

I am having the same issue. Posted a screencast illustrating it. Having to pick our output folder every time we open Fusion 360 is a bit tedious 😞

Zak Welsh
Zakary Welsh Machine LLC
Message 3 of 18
seth.madore

Yeah, mine were cleared out as well 😞

I've sent this up the chain, hopefully it's something we can deduce the "why" and prevent from occurring again.

-EDIT-

Was it just that setting that was cleared out, or did you lose your bar customization as well?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 18
rhdfmail
in reply to: seth.madore

Is this maybe connected to the issue where all post settings are lost everytime?
We have had this problem whereFusion seemed to totally ignore the post that was set in the machine-config  and also what was selected 3 minutes ago. Strange enough it seems only be on one computer/account

(This new one did actually affect the computer/account that seemed to remember wich post to use between postings)

Message 5 of 18
HughesTooling

@seth.madore  for me only the output folder got reset. Image below is another post and you can see modified properties were remembered but output folder is reset. Had the same on my other PC as well. After reselecting the folder is remembered as far as I can tell so far.

image.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 18
zwelsh91

@seth.madoreare you referencing the ribbon bar (tool bar) at the top of the window? If so yes, I did experience that as well. I had to pin my most used functions to the tool bar and re-order them in all of the work spaces. It was a little disorienting to open Fusion and see defaults again.

Zak Welsh
Zakary Welsh Machine LLC
Message 7 of 18
seth.madore
in reply to: zwelsh91

I had my bars reset as well as my post location. That is still not being remembered, but it's possible that it's tied into Development and Staging builds that are also on my computer....

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 18
HughesTooling

@seth.madore  Just had to restart and got the hot fix that was released last week and it reset the post directories again. 😞

Hope this isn't going to be one of those small problems that takes months or years to fix, like the missing hotkeys on the right click menu.

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 9 of 18
seth.madore

I too am chasing that problem on my PC, but I can't rule out other causes. Up until yesterday, I had a Dev and Staging build on my PC as well, and NOTHING was getting along. MFG Ext was reset each time, posting locations were getting reset, even operation defaults were getting messed up. I cleared everything off and used the Clean uninstall tool and (knocks on wood) so far so good

-EDIT-

Oh, here's a link to the Clean Uninstall tool

Seth Madore
Message 10 of 18
HughesTooling

Actually just noticed closing and restarting fusion resets the folders so it's worse than I thought! Don't really want to do an uninstall, seem to spend more time installing updates and restarting my computer than getting work done lately. 

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 11 of 18
seth.madore

Yeah, don't bother. I can confirm, that behavior is the same on my end. I guess I was just excited that the MFG Extension remained....

Seth Madore
Message 12 of 18
zwelsh91

@seth.madore Has there been any effort by the Autodesk Team to remedy this behavior?

Zak Welsh
Zakary Welsh Machine LLC
Message 13 of 18
seth.madore
in reply to: zwelsh91

Yes! I beleive they have a fix in hand and if testing goes well, it should be coming out in a future update/hotfix

Seth Madore
Message 14 of 18
HughesTooling

@seth.madore  Thanks for the update. Any idea if the missing hotkeys on the menu below is going to be fixed? I only use them to help find what I want on the menu with the mouse, don't actually use the keyboard. The hotkeys give a bit more visual feedback to find what I want quickly.

HughesTooling_0-1599825961122.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 15 of 18
seth.madore

The file output location should now be fixed with today's update.

Seth Madore
Message 16 of 18

@HughesTooling regarding the keyboard shortcut indication that is missing, we are aware of this and ticket CAM-21670 is tracking the issue. 

Rasmus Pedersen
Senior Software Engineer
Message 17 of 18

@rasmus.pedersen  Thanks for the update. I have to say that menu is getting harder to find what I need the longer it gets, must be the longest menu in Fusion‽ Not sure all the options need to be on that menu, for example Create Selection Set doesn't seem to do anything useful if you right click a OP also Modify is no use if you don't have the extensions so could be hidden. Be nice if we could customise it as I could get rid of 50% of the items.

HughesTooling_0-1600868960261.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 18 of 18

@HughesTooling its a fair point regarding the length of the context menu.
I have raised this internally, cant promises anything but that it will be considered/brought up.

And thanks for you feedback, its appreciated.

Rasmus Pedersen
Senior Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report