Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel error on path generation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
filgate.j
165 Views, 2 Replies

Kernel error on path generation

First time running fusion in a month or so. I'm no longer able to generate tool paths. I get a kernel error. Last time i ran the program this was a fully working toolpath-- i've made no change to the file. Using this as an example since i'm not able to generate any paths. Fusion did install an update since my last use. Any suggestions?

Feature flags: setup-sheet-viewer

Debug: Initialization elapsed time: 0 ms

Debug: Writing ironjob to C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Temp\Fusion360CAM\3312-2\operation6.ironjob

Debug: Writing jobfile to C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Temp\Fusion360CAM\3312-2\operation6.hsm-job

Debug: Using CAM kernel from: C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\50d1a2b00ac928c7781cbca6551e586a5384d498\Applications\CAM360\camkernel.exe

Error: Internal CAM kernel error. Please report through your support channel.

Debug:

Debug: Total processing time: 46 ms

Debug: Total elapsed time: 108 ms

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: filgate.j

I'm betting that you are running on Windows 7? This is an unsupported operating system. There is a temporary workaround HERE

The best solution is to upgrade to Windows 10. Otherwise, you are going to have to do this workaround each time Fusion updates.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3
filgate.j
in reply to: seth.madore

Thanks for the reply. Little frustrating, but  I'm working on migrating my CNC router over to a windows 10 PC now. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report