Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with toolpaths on nested components

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jameswVTJ5V
175 Views, 3 Replies

Issues with toolpaths on nested components

Hi all, 

I have a model which is nested using the manufacturing extension. I have applied a parallel toolpath to a component and the resulting toolpath doesn't cut into the stock. 

I have copied the same component (from the model, not the manufacturing model), created a set up and copied the same toolpath to it (selecting the appropriate geometry on the copied component). The toolpath now generates correctly and cuts into the stock as expected.

I am literally tearing my hair out with this and it's most likely a simple thing I am missing but any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RoccoHilton
in reply to: jameswVTJ5V

you have an incorrectly assigned part

Message 3 of 4
seth.madore

@jameswVTJ5V when you select the entire component, as you did in your file, it will include everything in that folder, including the Stock. So, when it comes time to apply a 3D toolpath, it will not be able to go below the top surface of the stock.

So, when defining your bodies in the Setup, it's always best practice to intentionally select exactly what you want:

2024-02-06_06h32_50.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 4
jameswVTJ5V

Thanks guys, that is very much appreciated! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report