Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in simulation - Manufacturing workspace

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
234 Views, 3 Replies

Issue in simulation - Manufacturing workspace

During simulation in manufacturing workspace, the model is always moving irrespective  of whether the viewpoint is set to "Model" or "Tool".  Request guidance on resolving the issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have a machine model included, I think you lose the option to define what moves. Is that the case with your Setup?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
rhdfmail
in reply to: Anonymous

Thats kind of.. stupid..
If I select a machineconfig that is simulation-ready I might want to do simulations without the machine to check a specific toolpath etc.

Now I have to do that by having another machine-config (or non at all) while programming and when I want to check for collisions/reach etc I need to switch machine-config and then switch back again

I prefer to create my setups and set everything in them and then just leave them alone.
So it would be nice to have the ability to switch type of simulation in the simulation-space instead of having to edit the setup

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: seth.madore

Thank you @seth.madore @rhdfmail for your replies.  Don't think that is the issue here.  Attaching another screen cast indicating the simulation happening as expected with the same machine setup.  Sorry about the delayed response as I was unable to post the reply earlier due to some html error being indicated by the site.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report