Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Inside' CAM Toolpath for beginners

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
393 Views, 4 Replies

'Inside' CAM Toolpath for beginners

Hello,

I am trying to create a 2d Contour toolpath for this body http://a360.co/2eSdsrl so that the body fits entirely into the resulting pocket.

But so far I an only create a toolpath that includes the dimensions of the tool. I need a toolpath that excludes the tool dimensions.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LibertyMachine
in reply to: Anonymous

The file you linked does not contain any toolpaths. Could you export and share the current file you are working with that would contain the toolpaths you are having an issue with?

It sounds to me like you want to be looking at Cutter Compensation and setting it to "Wear" or "Off", but that's just a guess as I am not entirely clear what you need done

To export: File > Export > Save to local folder. Return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: LibertyMachine

I attached the .f3d file with toolpath as requested.

I am sorry if I am not using the right terminus here but this is all very new to me. 🙂

What I am trying to say is that I need to carve a hole into a piece of wood that exactly matches the outline of the attached object.

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5
LibertyMachine

Ahh, I see what you need. Please see attached screencast. This is just a quick workflow that you could do to get what you want. Do note; you can make it even simpler than this if you needed, but I prefer having actual models that represent what is getting cut

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you very much for your help. It totally makes sense now that I see how its done. 

All the best

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report