Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurco Mill post

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Christopher_annan
359 Views, 7 Replies

Hurco Mill post

Hi

I'm new to fusion and trying to use it on a Hurco VM10i. I get an error message on the machine "Warning: tool exceeds maximum" I have found previous post on this and made changes to the post including changing the following values in the post:

• if (tool.number > 9999) {
  •  if (lengthOffset > 9999) {
  •  if (d > 9999) {

After this did not work I altered the program changing a H value to T and this does not give any errors. I'm wondering if it possible to change the post so it does not generate the H value. Any help would be appreciated. 

I have copied part of the code below and highlighted the line in red that gives the error.

1 G90 G17
N2 G21
N3 M59
N4 G0 M140
(Face1)
N5 T1121 M6
N6 S10000 M3
N7 G17 G90 G94
N8 G54
N9 M8
N10 G1 X35.194 Y-25.364 F5000.
N11 G0 G43 Z55. H1121
N12 Z5.
N13 G1 Z0.7 F333.3
N14 G18 G3 X33.994 Z-0.5 I-1.2 K0. F2500.
N15 G1 X-33.994
N16 G3 X-35.194 Z0.7 I0. K1.2

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@Christopher_annan 

Hello and welcome!  I've moved your question here for greater visibility within the Manufacturing community.  Good luck!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 8

@Christopher_annan 

It is likely that your machine control is set to a low number for your tools, check in your control for the maximum number of tools it is set to.

Have you tried using much lower numbers for your tools ? 🙂 🙂

Message 4 of 8

what I do is make sure the "number", "diameter offset", and "length offset" in the edit tool screen in Fusion are identical.  I believe the "H" number is the length offset.

Message 5 of 8

The Machine has tool ID numbers up to 9999 available. it was the actual letter 'H' that was causing the error. I have altered the post to remove this as its not actually needed. my issue now is that I cannot get radial cutter compensation to work when I adjust the wear value of the tool in the tool library.

Message 6 of 8

I have see this with older Hurcos where radial offsets need to be in a separate setup page on the machine. is it possible to use Radial compensation straight from the tool library with the tool wear? 

Message 7 of 8

How old or which control does your Hurco have? I also have an old VMX30 with Ultimax 4 and it's quite a pain in the ***.
Never tried wear though. I go with regular compensation and that's in another offset.

Message 8 of 8

I have a VM10i from 2019 and a VM10 & VM30 from 2012. The newer one has winmax mill 10 & the older ones have winmax mill 8. We used a different CAM system which read the wear offset from the tool library on the newer hurco but we still had to use the radial offset setup page on the older ones. with fusion we have to use the Radial offset setup on all 3 machines now as I cant figure out why its not reading the wear compensation straight from the tool library on the newer one. its just a pain as I have to alter values for every program for the radial offset position.

My original issue was that the hurco didn't like the letter H. I've change the post to remove the whole length offset line as its not needed & changed the max tool number and diameter offset to 9999 however the radial offset page only has 1 to 200 positions on the machine and the way I have my tool library set up the tool ID's have 4 digits so I have to change the diameter offset in fusions tool library and depending on how many tools I'm using this can be a pain especially since everything I do are one off jobs. 

I thought the "In Computer" offset would be the offset to use as this is the only one that doesn't produce a D value in the program but this just cuts to size and doesn't pick up any wear or radial offset. now I'm using "in control" offset with the radial setup page.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report