Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Team Cloud Posts?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
colinambrose123
606 Views, 9 Replies

How to use Team Cloud Posts?

I'm trying to setup shared cloud posts within our team, and had no issues with uploading the .cps files to the CAMPosts folder within Assets, however I don't see how you actually select any of them when trying to post process. The only options available are System, Personal - Cloud, Personal - Local, and Browse.. (for other local files).

I have the team selected in the top left menu, the posts are saved within the team's Assets folder, and the model I'm trying to post from is in a team project. I also have cloud libraries enabled within Fusion's preferences. Is the lack of a Team - Cloud option an error, or am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks

colinambrose123_0-1595466084858.png

Labels (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hello @colinambrose123 

Try following the instructions described in this knowledge article.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How... 

Have a nice day

Regards.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 10
jeff.pek
in reply to: colinambrose123

The Personal - Cloud should show the posts from the current team's CAMPosts folder in the Assets project. We just haven't updated the terminology after the switch to teams.

Jeff

Message 4 of 10
colinambrose123
in reply to: jeff.pek

Jeff,

When selecting my personal cloud library it still comes up as empty, despite two valid posts being saved in the team CAMPosts folder. Could this be some error with my account being older? To my understanding a new Fusion account doesn't have single user storage, but rather you're prompted to make yourself a team. While I do have the correct team active (as well as permissions in it), I wonder if maybe it's trying to pull from my "Single-User Storage"?

colinambrose123_0-1595530236594.pngcolinambrose123_1-1595530285591.png

colinambrose123_2-1595530356086.png

Message 5 of 10
jeff.pek

No, it should be looking at whatever team hub is active.

Can you try something:

1) Shut down Fusion

2) In Windows Explorer, go to the directory %localappdata%\autodesk\autodesk fusion 360\<userid>\W.Login

3) Rename the directory "M" (to something like "zzM")

4) Restart Fusion

Hopefully, this will kick it to re-sync the files from the Cloud folder. Occasionally we see things get out of sync; maybe that's what has happened here.

Jeff

Message 6 of 10
colinambrose123
in reply to: jeff.pek

Jeff,

Still no luck, looks the same as it did on previous attempt. Should I try reinstalling over lunch?

Thanks

Message 7 of 10
jeff.pek

I don't think reinstalling will make any difference.

Can you send me a couple of things?

1) Your diagnostic logs

2) A zip file with the "M" folder that Fusion presumably re-created after you renamed it earlier.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 8 of 10

I'm encountering the same problem. Colin, did you ever find a solution?

Message 9 of 10

I know I did, but it's been so long I don't remember what the solution was. I haven't used Fusion for work for over a year, on NX now. Good luck though!
Message 10 of 10

Hi @ron.thomas4RBLJ 

I had similar issue and I switched team to personal and got back to team. This triggered the fusion to re-sync everything including CAM posts.

Gokul Kannan
Making Parts at MetalRipper using Fusion 360
Youtube.com/@metalripper-
CNCexpert.com/gokul-kannan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report