Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup Fusion 360 for using with X-carve CNC machine?

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
24088 Views, 24 Replies

How to setup Fusion 360 for using with X-carve CNC machine?

I am new to Fusion 360. I have a simple X-carve CNC machine by Inventables. Previously I have operated the machine using their software Easel. But after getting Fusion 360, I'm willing to do that using this software instead. I have seen that, couple of forum members have already tried out this. So I'm asking for any kind of help you can provide about setting up Fusion 360. Thanks 🙂 

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.nichols

hey Matthew ! 

i didnt quite understood how to use this file 

have fusion an Xcrave and cannot work

thanks 

Yahel Idan - Facebook 

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello everybody !

I'd like to know if I can set up FUSION 360 with a free version ( I m an amateur) to connect this program to Easel to use my Xcarve with STL files and Make 3D 

I've seen the "tuto" to do it but with the free version I don't have access to the "preferences" to set the clouds things etc...

Can you just tell me if I have to buy the "entire" version to be able to set up and connect and drive the STL files to Easel ? Am I right to think that way ?  🙂

Message 23 of 25
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous yes, yes you have access to the Preferences tab, it's located under your avatar at the top right corner.

Pretty much all that was removed in the free version (in regards to CAM that could apply to you) is access to tool changes and rapid moves.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 24 of 25

Not sure if you would know this but, you are the best option i have.  Is this still necessary to use the modded post processor for the xcarve or is the one that is downloadable from easel fixed now?

Message 25 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: shadaytree

Hi there,

Below is a similar email question I asked and their reply. I haven’t tried it for ……….about 3 weeks now, but about 3 weeks ago I tried the Easel one in Fusion. Is that what you mean? From Fusion, use the Easel post processor in the drop down list?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report