Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reuse toolpaths in different arrangements of components?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tiktuk
192 Views, 2 Replies

How to reuse toolpaths in different arrangements of components?

Hi,

I am milling a components multiple times so am using a repeating pattern. That's working fine. (As an example, see the 3x3 grid on the screenshot.) I would however like to be able to mill them on different sizes of stock, in different numbers, without having to set up the toolpaths again (my actual toolpaths are a lot more complicated than in this example).

The repeating component pattern seemed to be perfect but apparently it can only repeat toolpaths in its own pattern folder. If I could just select the source of the toolpath in the first setup (A:7) and choose the targets in the 1x8 row it would be perfect. Well, I can actually select those, but nothing happens..

Any ways to make this workflow work? This seems like a common need, what are other people doing?

And of course I could duplicate the operations but then I would have to keep track of changes to them manually.

Example file attached.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 14.01.19.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: tiktuk

In order to use Component Patterns (or any pattern, for that matter), the Pattern/Folder needs to contain the actual toolpaths. As such, you can't create a pattern in one Setup and point to toolpaths in other Setups and consume those.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3
tiktuk
in reply to: seth.madore

That's what I suspected. Is there another way to archive what I am trying to do?

Or is the only way to duplicate and update toolpaths manually?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report