Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I "Sharpen" my inside corner fillet/chamfer

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1001 Views, 3 Replies

How do I "Sharpen" my inside corner fillet/chamfer

I am trying to cut this cabinet door in 3/4" MDF using a CNC Router and typical 1/2" shank router bits.  I would prefer to use my v groove bit for this operation but I am having trouble running a tool path that will make my inside chamfer a crisp 90 degree corner (or close to, tiny radius is fine).  With the contour tool path using a my chamfer (V Bit) bit that I entered into my library I am not able to figure out how to cut away the corners without leaving a larger radius in all 4 corners.  My thought is that there would be a tool path that would take the v bit and run it up the corners (up and out in a 45 degree motion) in a 3D path perhaps?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
norbertut
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Matt, try a Trace operation with your V-bit.

Just select the diagonal lines in the corners, see screenshot. You can select single lines with the ALT key.

Chamfer curves.jpgChamfer simulation.jpg

PS: if it works for you please remember to mark as solved.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Boopathi_Sivakumar

@Anonymous 

Trace will do what you need 

Trace.JPGTrace2.JPG

Regards,

Boopathi

Boopathi Sivakumar
Sr Application Engineer
www.usamcadsoft.in
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 4
SpammersDeserveDeath

You can also use the "pencil" machining strategy. It seems to take an excruciating amount of time to calculate (lessening the tolerance seems to help) but it also gives you some options as far as lead-ins and lead-outs. You can also make it only cut the corners in an upward or downward direction. Personally, I like to cut corners in an upward direction so the tip isn't being plunged into the material.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report