Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with machining strategy - fixtures / tabs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
b.lorimore
338 Views, 2 Replies

Help with machining strategy - fixtures / tabs

Hey Guys,

I'm having some trouble with a desk project I've been working on for a while now. I routed it for the first time yesterday with some MDF as a test and failed. My problems are mainly with my current strategy regarding fixtures and tabs. I attached a detailed screencast below and my file.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! 

Thank you so much!

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LibertyMachine
in reply to: b.lorimore

It's likely going to be a three operation job. All of your pieces have holes of some sort. Face one side, , rough profile (leave stock on) about 3/4 depth, do your roundover feature. Drill a very small pilot hole where the finish hole will be. Take a piece of good plywood (7-ply, cabinet grade (for flatness)) and transfer the holes to the plywood (you can even use the CNC to pop them in)

Screw the parts to the plywood. Finish decking, finish profile and remaining roundover.  Flip them over again and using clamps, finish the holes.

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 3
LibertyMachine
in reply to: b.lorimore

And a little friendly advice? State your problem right up front. Make it clear from the get-go what the issue is, so people don't have to wait to get to the important stuff; Your issue.

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report