Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with 3d adaptive on mesh

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
427 Views, 3 Replies

Help with 3d adaptive on mesh

So i've been messing around in blender for a couple hours and came up with a rough "fleur de lis" design. I imported it, scaled it properly and meshed to brep. I created a backing for it so that I can clear it from .5" stock. 

In 3d adaptive clearing i've tried every combination of selections for the model i can think of. first just the model, then model and face, etc. every time it comes up with "empty toolpath" I've done 3d clearings before but this one is really stumping me. thanks for any help. file is attached

-Russ

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Matthew-R
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous Thanks for posting your question to the forum. I opened up your file and it looks like you just had to select the appropriate bodies in the setup. Hope this helps!

setup.pngadaptive.png

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Matthew-R

It's been a trip learning how to use blender and my mind has been going a mile a minute. easy to overlook something simple like that. thank you very much!

Message 4 of 4
Matthew-R
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous Happy to help get you pointed in the right direction! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report