Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heidenhain 426 BC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
299 Views, 3 Replies

Heidenhain 426 BC

Hello 

I'm new in editing postprocessor and I have a question.

I am trying to edit postprocessor for machine with rotary cAxe and 2 position spindlehead (aligned with Z axe or withY axe)

I managed to enable rotary axe, but i have a problem with head tilting

Head is tilted with code M53 and M54 (it only has 2 positions). I looked for an answer which postprocessor uses these two codes but without success.

Is there's anyone who uses same type of machine with simmilar propperties and is willing to help me? Is there maybe already prepared postprocessor for machine like this?

Thank you all for your time and answers!

Žan

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: Anonymous

I would say you will need a custom post processor, but depending on how you need to operate the machine you could get away with more simple mods.

when you rotate the head to the Y do you program with tool axis set to Y or do you use the 3d basic rotation of A-90 so the tool axis stays as "Z" 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hello

Thank you for your answer. 

I tried to orientate the tool with tool orintation (where you chose z and x plane in toolpath settings) but after postprocess, tool orientation was still aligned with Z (not with y as it should be)

As you said, I can use 2 different post processors and mannualy type in M53 and M54 codes, but problem is, I cant even get post processor to rotate tool axe correctly (so the tool is no longer on Z but Y axe) 

Thank you for all your help

Have a nice day,

Žan

Message 4 of 4
a.laasW8M6T

So the way I do it on our Correa L30 with universal head is to program as if the tool is always in Z(so a different setup in Fusion for each orientation, I don't use tool orientation in the toolpath at all), Then at the machine I rotate the head to whatever angle I need then manually set a 3D basic rotation at the control. now the machine behaves as if the tool axis is Z even though it is in the Y(or X in my case too.) this is a pretty simple way of doing 3 axis stuff, I'm not sure how your control will behave with the C-axis in this case though. this work with the standard post with some light mods to take out the Z safe retracts because that would cause crashes on our machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report