Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

haas umc 1000 probing 3+2 axis problem (dwo)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jh_kimCFA2B
239 Views, 8 Replies

haas umc 1000 probing 3+2 axis problem (dwo)

First of all, I'm sorry for using a translator.

Machine: haas umc - 1000 (ngc)

I'm going to work on probing from the 3+2 axis ( The measurement area is shown in the picture below )

2.PNG

DWO causes an alarm

I understand that DWO can be removed from the option.

4.PNG

Even if you turn on the option not to use dwo and create a program, only g254 disappears and the location data remains the same.

3 - 복사본.PNG

I want the coordinates of X and Y to change when DWO is released

I know how to make another coordinate system by rotating the B axis 90 degrees when working on the 3+2 axis probing, but I don't want to use it.

I want to measure 3+2 with 1 coordinate system

Can you share the 3+2 axis measurement method

Share the post you used for the measurement

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: jh_kimCFA2B

Hi

This is a limitation of the Haas controller, it doesn't allow Probing with DWO and a tilted workplane and the WIPS/Renishaw probing cycles

https://www.haascnc.com/service/troubleshooting-and-how-to/how-to/mrzp-and-dwo.html

You can however use the Part alignment function in Fusion to probe at different angles to align your part.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=MFG-PART-ALIGNMENT

Message 3 of 9
jh_kimCFA2B

Message 4 of 9
jh_kimCFA2B
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Thank you for your reply, I understand.

I think we can measure it without using the g65 program and then re-process it after rearranging it.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 9

Ask HAAS about a software update -- The latest NGC software does allow probing with DWO active in any orientation.

Message 6 of 9

Hi Nick

Good to know they have finally allowed this, does it correctly update the WCS when probing in a tilted workplane? I'm guessing yes but the description on the  Haas website is vague.

I'm so used to Heidenhain being able to do this for over 25 years now haha 

Message 7 of 9

Thank you, and I'll check it out.

Message 8 of 9
Trophimus

G31 Skip Signal probing is now allowed, in the latest version of Haas NGC software, 100.24.000.1000.

The Renishaw probing macros are not effective while in DWO/TCPC though, and will give incorrect results, but we can use direct G31 probing. See the Haas Manual for more info on G31.

The G31 5-axis probing results will be in Machine Coordinates, so they may not easily relate to what the user is looking for, and we’d need to use macros to run any calculations on them.

New Macro variables are available to report Machine Coordinate Positions. #5011-5016.

New Macro variables have been implemented to report your current Work Offset position, in Machine Coordinates, after its been moved due to a rotary move while in DWO (delta between offset table value and current location). #5331-5336.

More information on this is being written up, and will be added to the Haas Manuals soon. 

A friend mentioned this question being asked, in this forum, so I thought I would reply. 

Note, I work at the Haas Factory, but am not directly involved in the writing of this new manual section, so we will have to wait for that to be published. 

Message 9 of 9
jh_kimCFA2B
in reply to: Trophimus

감사합니다.
새로운 메뉴얼을 기달려보겠습니다.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report