Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haas Tool Number Carousel Position Modifier

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ColtonXYNNP
204 Views, 3 Replies

Haas Tool Number Carousel Position Modifier

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to assign a specific T number with a differing H value for tooling. We run an '11 Mini Mill that has a 10 tool carousel style tool changer. The Haas control allows us to have up to 200 tools in the offset page but only T1-T10 can actually be called. The machine only knows what number tool is in the spindle based on the tool changer position. For example, if I have Tool 90 in the offset page and I place it into the T1 position of the tool changer, to the mill it is tool 1. The work around to this is to uncheck T&H match in the control and have T1 and H90 in the G-Code. Currently when we post our code we have to go in and manually edit the T numbers output by the post processor (coming from the tool number assigned in Fusion) to match that tool's carousel position. 

Let's say we have this:

Carousel Position 1: Tool 90

Carousel Position 2: Tool 20

Carousel Position 3: Tool 13

Carousel Position 4: Tool 60

Carousel Position 5: Tool 83

The Tool Numbers match our Fusion Library so we get a post that looks like this:

N35 T90 M6
N40 S6000 M3
N45 G54
N50 G17 G90
N55 M8
N60 G1 X-14.8511 Y-6.4349 F500.
N65 G0 G43 Z1.585 H90

So in this case we have to go in and edit the T number to match that tool's position in the carousel to be:

N35 T1 M6
N40 S6000 M3
N45 G54
N50 G17 G90
N55 M8
N60 G1 X-14.8511 Y-6.4349 F500.
N65 G0 G43 Z1.585 H90

My concern is that an error will be made choosing the appropriate tool number and cause a crash even though we triple check it. 

Request: Add an option to allow the user to input what tools are in what carousel positions so it will automatically output the T number according to the carousel position and H number corresponding to the tool number.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

HI @ColtonXYNNP 

You can change the length offset number when you select the tool it would automatically reflect in the nc program 

and as well as if you are using cutter compensation you can change the Diameter offset as well

boopathisivakumar_0-1717867478792.png

Boopathi Sivakumar
Senior Technology Consultant

Message 3 of 4

Thank you! Didn't know that!

Will that mean for each program that has the same tool in a different carousel position we'll need to modify the master library?

For examples:

If Part A has tool 90 in the 2 position and Part B has tool 90 in the 3 position, we'd modify the master tool library accordingly (change the T to T2 and T3 respectively)?

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: ColtonXYNNP

Personally speaking, I just renumber my tools correctly (in the document) when I'm programming a job.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report