Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRBL post processor safe height at start

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
best49erfan
273 Views, 5 Replies

GRBL post processor safe height at start

I am getting my controller ready for my new machine.  I am using the GRBL post processor as recommended.  When I do the post process, I have 3 options for safe retracts: G28, G53, and clearance height.  I am starting my WCS in bottom left corner with z0 being the bottom of the stock.   All of these will move and would drive the endmill through the stock to go to the first point of operation.  Z remains at zero.  I can fix it by adding code at the beginning to raise the z before it moves, but would prefer to not have to do.  Is there anything I can change to fix this?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
best49erfan
in reply to: best49erfan

attaching last file.

Message 3 of 6
best49erfan

G53 post process is moving z to 4.537" up before moving in X and Y.  I dont know if i will have that much travel.

Message 4 of 6
best49erfan

I found my issue.  the 4.537 was coming from g28.  I set it to .5

Message 5 of 6
j262308

I'm 63 just got my sainsmart 3020max pro, its doing the same here , I am a noob at this ,plz tell me how you changed  g28  plz 

Message 6 of 6

use this post processor. I've had it modified to do all the things you want on a cnc router 

attached, see under my signature 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report