Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion is changing the model my stock is driven off of?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
eerier_bleach0f
142 Views, 0 Replies

Fusion is changing the model my stock is driven off of?

I can't remember why but for about the past year I stopped driving my stock setups off bodies. There was some issue I was having. From then on I have only been selecting components as the model I'm driving my setups off of.

However for the past few months Fusion at some point switches things on me.

I will drive the setup off a component > double check right after that to make sure it's still driven off the component > days later come back and fine out it's now driven off the body that is within that component.

I'm assuming because I have not actually had any issues with toolpaths becoming invalidated or something

and it never actually displays the name of the body and just calls it "Body" it's just a visual thing. Also if I reselect the component in the first setup, the subsequent setups with rest machining still say they are driven off the "Body" but do not become invalidated. So I'm assuming it's just a visual issue.

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 8.07.53 AM.png

I also create the second, third, etc. setups by copying the preceding setup [so I create setup "A] 2" by copying setup "A] 1", I create setup "A] 3" by copying "A] 2", etc. ] and I find that every setup I have is driven off the body not the component.

EDIT: It's not just a visual thing. I reselected the component for the first setup and didn't realize the subsequent setups didn't have rest machining turned on. After enabling "From preceding setup" on the subsequent setups I get this:

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 8.31.47 AM.png

I get that because the first setup references a component as the model but the subsequent setups reference the body inside that component.

Autodesk's most dedicated bug reporter: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/15188348
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report