Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Tool Library Management Help

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
777 Views, 6 Replies

Fusion 360 Tool Library Management Help

Hi Everyone,

I have a small issue with Fusion's Tool organization and was curious if anyone had any tips or tricks for.

I designed an assembly of parts (2 parts) and the first of the 2 requires 6 setups and lots of tooling. Now that I am CAMing the 2nd part I am out of tool pockets in the Document Tool Library. In other words its is assigning tools to pocket #21,#22,#23 etc. but I only have a 20 tool machine. 

What is the best way to break this up but still keep everything organized. I know I can delete tools from the first part, but that creates issues next time I want to run that part. I can export Part 2 into its own file, but them I have to start my CAM all over again.  

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
LibertyMachine
in reply to: Anonymous

This is something that has been discussed many times. However, Autodesk has not yet provided us with a solution, ideal or otherwise.

All you can really do is manually renumber your tools as you program each operation. It gets messy

The other option is to create linked components and have each one in it's own file.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-computer-aided/add-another-tool-folder-inside-current-docu...

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Got it, 

I tried to export the second part but it did not carry over the CAM Ops. Is there a way to create a linked component in a new file and retain all the info/work?

Message 4 of 7
LibertyMachine

I found this video by @Rob.Lockwood to be quite thorough in how to deal with this issue (until Fusion provides a solution). I suggest you give it a listen Smiley Happy

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Awesome!... good find

Message 6 of 7
Rob.Lockwood

@LibertyMachine @Anonymous I actually have another video nearly ready to drop that offers another, likely superior, option. Though, it deals more with how you architect your CAD initially, and the end result is a solution to this problem- so it's less viable for existing projects.

Rob Lockwood
Maker of all the things.
| Oculus | | Locked Tool | | Instagram |

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Rob.Lockwood

Looking forward to it. Most of my parts have just been singular items to this point so dont have to many assemblies yet. Thanks for the videos! @Rob.Lockwood 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report