Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Selecting Individual Items In Component Pattern

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aromero107
334 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion 360 Selecting Individual Items In Component Pattern

I have a plate of stock that holds 20 items, and to machine it, I have been using Component Pattern to reiterate the Operations from a source Component. I'm trying to select a individual Component from the source to machine by itself before continuing with the rest of the plate, but for some reason, Fusion 360 won't allow Simulate, nor Post Processing unless at least two Components are selected. Even the Machining Time display at the bottom right shows 0:00:00 unless more than one Components are selected in the pattern.

I've tried messing with the settings in the Component Pattern window, Automatic and Keep Original are both off. I've tried regenerating, restarting Fusion, and using a different computer. The same issue persists when I try the same approach on a different program.

This seems to be a brand new issue, because I have often used this approach before, but I was always able to select a single component from the pattern.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Sorry about that @aromero107 would you be able to share the part + possibly a screencast of the issue?
Was this something which worked for you in the previous release (i.e. before the July 7 release)

Rasmus Pedersen
Senior Software Engineer
Message 3 of 5
aromero107
in reply to: aromero107

<iframe width="696" height="435" src="https://screencast.autodesk.com/Embed/Timeline/undefined" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen></iframe>

Fusion Manufacture Won't Allow A Single Selection | Fusion 360 | Autodesk Knowledge Network  <-- Here's a link to the screencast in case the embed doesn't work

Yes I was able to do this before the update, and as you can see, I'm only able to simulate as long as more than one Components are selected. Also at the end it looks like I manage to select only one component, but that's because I have Keep Original selected and I've selected the source as a target, so the operation is just repeated twice on the same Component.

Message 4 of 5

<iframe width="696" height="435" src="https://screencast.autodesk.com/Embed/Timeline/undefined" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen></iframe>

Fusion Manufacture Won't Allow A Single Selection | Fusion 360 | Autodesk Knowledge Network  <-- Here's a link to the screencast in case the embed doesn't work

Yes I was able to do this before the update, and as you can see, I'm only able to simulate as long as more than one Components are selected. Also at the end it looks like I manage to select only one component, but that's because I have Keep Original selected and I've selected the source as a target, so the operation is just repeated twice on the same Component.

Message 5 of 5
VCpro
in reply to: aromero107

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report