Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Post Processor Tweaks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jdavis816
291 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion 360 Post Processor Tweaks

Recently got Fusion 360 and I have a couple of questions about editing the post processor.

The first issue have is that while I program in inches/minute, the machine runs in inches/second. In the other program I use for the machine I enter in all of my speeds/feeds as inches per minute and it automatically outputs the code as inches per second (essentially my entry divided by 60). I have found a workaround for this, as I simply went into the post processor config and divided the feed outputs by 60. I am more than anything just curious if this is how other people have handled this issue or if there may be a better way. 

The second issue is that our Multicam Machine comes with a program called JobEditor for simulation,  reordering, moving parts around, etc. In order for the simulation to work properly, each operation has to be basically capped by an m12 and an m22.

Example:

g00 X1 Y1 Z-0.5 (negative because multicam uses negative numbers as up and positive as down)

m12

g01 X1 yY1 Z.125

g01 X1 Y2 Z.125

G01 X2 Y2 Z.125

G01 X2 Y1 Z.125

G01 X1 Y1 Z.125

G00 Z-0.5

M22

G00 X 3 Y3

M12

etc

etc.

etc.

*finishes operation*

M22

The post in Fusion does not cap each operation with an m12 and m22, but it rather caps the entire program (or maybe setup) with the m12 and m22. Essentially it will start the code with an m12, do every single operation, get near the end of the program, and post an m12 (the m12 and m22 in the middle of the code won't be there, only the beginning and end ones). This gets everything to work, but now my simulation program sees every operation as one instead of individually. Basically I am just looking to change where they get posted from the beginning and end of the program to around every operation. 

I hope I have made sense in what my issues are. I appreciate and look forward to any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
daniel_lyall
in reply to: jdavis816

Are the missing bits at a tool change and if it is, is the same tool used or a different tool adding something at a tool change is not that hard using passthrough.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
jdavis816
in reply to: daniel_lyall

No, not at a tool change. Think of it as a single tool cutting multiple contours. The way I need it written is basically rapid position to start point, m12, plunge into material, cut contour of part, retract to proper height, m22, position to next start point, m12, plunge into material, cut contour, retract, m22, etc. The way fusion is currently outputting is rapid to start point, m12 plunge, cut contour, retract, position to next start point, plunge, cut contour, retract, etc. until finishing completely and then posting the m22. If it would help I can get some code samples next week better depicting what I mean. 

Message 4 of 4
daniel_lyall
in reply to: jdavis816

Is the moving from one cut to another cut the same tool, It is understandable that you need a code added between each parts toolpath when it goes from one to another toolpath know if it is the same tool helps, there is a no tool change and a tool change call in post, this helps to work out where to stick the new code most stuff in fusion is just stick it in the correct spot.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report