Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 post processor for A2MC AXYZ CNC Router.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4123 Views, 5 Replies

Fusion 360 post processor for A2MC AXYZ CNC Router.

I know this has been talked about a while a go but I haven't seen any recent updates to this topic. I use Fusion 360 at home for my personal projects but I would like to use it at work on our AXYZ A2MC CNC router table but there dosen't seem to be a Post Processor that works with our machine. I know that Autodesk are supposed to be bringing out new post processors and other updates on a regular basis but any idea when there is going to be a Post for the AXYZ A2MC. Any news would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rishivadher
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi waterrat26 

There are some post included in the system, but if you need modifications to it all you need to do is send the changes you need to cam.posts@autodesk.com and the post team will get try to get a working post.

best

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

@Anonymous I Know its been quite some time but in case you or anyone else is still looking I have found/made a post processor which works for my AXYZ router with A2MC controller. I took the post processor provided for the similar Pacer model (found in fusion 360 post processor library) and only had to make a couple changes to get it working. The only changes I had to make were to disable coolant in user-defined properties and then add "M03" to the spindle speed prefix so the spindle will start. Lastly I changed the output format to NC instead of g00. I will attach my cps file to this post, but here is an outline of the changes that were made:

Here is the code that I added in red:

Code to ignore coolant: (No computer controlled coolant)

// user-defined properties
properties = {
  writeMachine: true, // write machine
  writeTools: true, // writes the tools
  // preloadTool: true, // preloads next tool on tool change if any
  showSequenceNumbers: true, // show sequence numbers
  sequenceNumberStart: 10, // first sequence number
  sequenceNumberIncrement: 1, // increment for sequence numbers
  optionalStop: true, // optional stop
  outPutCoolant: false, // optional stop
  separateWordsWithSpace: true // specifies that the words should be separated with a white space
};

Code to allow spindle speed control: (originally missing "M03" and outputting to NC file as S####)

var sOutput = createVariable({prefix:"M03 S", force:true}, rpmFormat);

Code to change file format to NC:

extension = "NC";

Disclaimer: I have tested this to work on our specific machine only! While this should work for most A2MC AXYZ routers there is no guarantee that it will. Use this information and post processor at your own risk. I recommend running a practice run with a high Z stock offset with your hand on the stop button in case anything goes wrong. Please be safe! 

If this helps you please spread the wealth, don't forget to give kudos so others know it helped!

-Chris 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Working post is now in fusions library, but it does not support an A axis. Has anyone added to this post to support an A axis or know a similar post that does?

Message 5 of 6
nalus3ddesigns

I do not see any working post in Fusions library. I am new to CAM so Im trying to figure out how to make this connection as well. Is there something Im missing?

Message 6 of 6

Hi

Have you tried this post?

alaasW8M6T_0-1703019107364.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report