Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing 3D adaptive to start outside the part

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
LibertyMachine
4643 Views, 22 Replies

Forcing 3D adaptive to start outside the part

I've not had this issue before so I'm kind of at a loss to what I am doing wrong. I was working in the guitar for @angusstevenson123 and I was finding that on 2 of the pockets, no matter what setting I chose or how I defined my stock or pocket, it was determined to helical ramp in the center of the pocket, as opposed to entering in from the side (which would be the more efficient route). I tried various entry routines, with the same results. Oddly enough, when I use 3D adaptive to cut the entire top surface, it had no issue entering properly.

3D adaptive.PNG

I'm sure it's something simple I'm overlooking, but could someone point me in the right direction? It is a large file, so you've been warned 🙂

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: Steinwerks

@Steinwerks Still haven't figured it out yet.   Got the the Bio page, but clicked the wrong thing, hahaha, at the Real Yob right now so I am in and out, gotta run now, but when I get back my desk my logo is going to be up or I am going to commit harry carrie, because I have failed the interwebs.

Message 22 of 23
LibertyMachine
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

https://accounts.autodesk.com/Profile/Security%20?theme=light    to change your Username

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-icons    to change your Avatar.

Now, these might be unique to each user, so your mileage may vary

Seth Madore
Message 23 of 23
LibertyMachine
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

NOTE:  Not kissing **** here, but @LibertyMachine@HughesTooling@Steinwerks, you guys are money in the bank when comes to figuring out how to navigate certain and most issues.   I don't post a whole lot but lurk daily.   Thought maybe I had something to add, if what I was thinking was correct. 

Yeah, Steinworks and Hughes really know their stuff. I'm getting along, but I've got a ways to go before I'm anywhere near their level. I just have a passion for helping people out and I'm always looking to expand what I know (and share) about the software

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report