Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Tool change for the same tool between operations

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tertius.t
632 Views, 3 Replies

Force Tool change for the same tool between operations

I need a tool change after each tool, if i am using the same tool for facing and to do a contour there are no tool changes in between the two operations. So if i change a D offset on the contour i have to re cut the facing operations again before i can cut the contour again.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ketherton21
in reply to: tertius.t

my solution has been to just put things in a different order, forcing it to change tools more. but I would like to see an M01 generated for each process, NOT for each tool change.

Message 3 of 4
Trigg3r
in reply to: tertius.t

One of the options in the ManualNC operation is Force Tool Change.

I use it quite a lot if i need to alter clamps or job setups between ops using the same tool.

Annotation 2019-07-11 232025.pngAnnotation 2019-07-11 232025-2.png

Message 4 of 4
vworpi
in reply to: Trigg3r

I'll often do this if I'm using the same tool to rough and finish a feature. It gives the setter the option to resize and recut without re-running the roughing cycle again.

One caveat to be aware of, on the Fanuc posts at least. After the manual tool change, the post tends to omit the next H value from the program. Not a problem if you're running a machine that pre-loads H & D values on a tool change, a bit disastrous if you aren't.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report