Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force 2D Contour to go trough

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
frank.kloetzer
251 Views, 5 Replies

Force 2D Contour to go trough

For some reason, I sometimes have the problem that my tool won't go around the part. The spacing is exactly 4mm, and my tool is 4mm as well. What do I have to do in order to make it work?

eqh3cpp

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mattdlr89
in reply to: frank.kloetzer

2D contour is not model aware so if you split it into two separate 2D Contour toolpaths it should work.+

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Yo need to make tool in Fusion smaller in diameter by small value, instead of 4. mm make it 3.999, tool in machine is still 4 mm. 

Message 4 of 6
frank.kloetzer
in reply to: mattdlr89

I thought that as well, but for some reason it is model aware. There are 2 separate paths. 

Message 5 of 6
mattdlr89

The problem is you've selected both those contour in a single 2D Contour operation, it is not aware of the model but the contour selected. You need to create two separate tool paths. One selecting the left hand contour I can see in the image and a second with the same setting selecting the right hand one. It will mean that "slot" will be machined twice. 

Message 6 of 6

If the lead-in/out moves in any way interfere with each other, it's going to fail, regardless of the tool size. As a test, eliminate the lead moves and see if it succeeds

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report