Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F360 Tool Path Manual Manipulation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
angusstevenson123
1658 Views, 5 Replies

F360 Tool Path Manual Manipulation

Hi,

Is there a way to manually manipulate a tool path?

x.JPGy.JPG

As in - for the tool-path above - can I grab the tool paths at the end - and 'drag' them further to the left and right - so there is no corner radius left in the pocket?

For some reason - I have tried various CAM styles - parrallel, 2D pocket etc...........manipulating each one - but it does not return the tool path I am after.

All help appreciated.

Thanks - Angus

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

There are sufficient options to achieve what you are trying to do (if I understand you correctly). But no, you can't manually manipulate toolpaths. Would be cool if you could though

The only manipulation you can achieve is with through careful sketch/feature selection and parameters in each operation dialog.

Mind sharing the .f3d file?

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 6

No but one easy way to clear that flat is to use 2d contour with Roughing passes. If you make the correct selection for the stock boundary you can enter a high number for the amount of stepovers and the boundary selection will limit the area. 

Screencast attached, note the use of tangent extensions.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6

The file I am working with - I've mucked around with it that much - it doesn't behave like a normal 2-D pocket - a bug or something that I am missing? I drew a similar pocket on a new design (clean slate) and the 2-D Pocket had the correct tool path. I then - as you suggested - made a sketch (then a body) - which was a bit wider than the original  and made the tool paths along the top of that body. That worked a treat! So thankyou.

Message 5 of 6

Excellent - always learning..........OK - looking into/ practicing that approach. Thankyou very much.

Message 6 of 6

Horizontal will also do a good job with that surface with the correct settings.
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report