Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit dimensions of a body without sketch

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
johannes.renner
596 Views, 2 Replies

Edit dimensions of a body without sketch

Hi community,

I am trying to remix .stl files for 3d printing with fusion 360 and I keep getting the same issue:

Once I converted the mesh in a body (mesh-> modify -> convert mesh -> prismatic) I get this really nice, clean looking body file. But I can't figure out how to edit the dimensions in this body? Is that even possible?

Please have a look at the image attached. The blue line is currently 19mm long, let's say I'd like to change it to 22mm. Is that even possible? Since there is no sketch behind the converted body, how would I edit these dimensions?

Thank you kindly for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ltomuta
in reply to: johannes.renner

You can Scale the mesh/body before/after conversion.
Or, if you want to change only one dimension and leave the other intact, you could split the body into three parts 

ltomuta_0-1673033114664.png

then elongate the middle part (face offset) and then stitch the bodies back together with Combine

ltomuta_2-1673033171794.png

Message 3 of 3

I was hoping there would be a simpler solution (like entering a new dimension somehow), because if the body is more complex, it will probably be difficult to split/recombine it. But for a simple shape like this it works just fine. Thank you very much for your answer!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report