Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dust Boot Collision Detection

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
krooksBLLVU
241 Views, 4 Replies

Dust Boot Collision Detection

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way for Fusion to detect collisions between a dust boot and the stock. While I have specified the geometry of each bit and the tool holder, I can't seem to find a mechanism to allow Fusion to be aware of the geometry of the dust collection system surrounding the bit + tool holder. My concern is primarily with 3D tool paths (3d adaptive) with steep slopes (high peak adjacent to low valley). I considered creating a custom tool holder incorporating both the actual ISO30 holder with a model of our dust boot, however it seems that the custom models are circular and our boot is rectangular. Any insights or alternatives would be appreciated, thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: krooksBLLVU

Are you using Machine Simulation and have the boot included in the machine model?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
krooksBLLVU
in reply to: seth.madore

I am using simulation to validate tool paths, however the boot is not incorporated in the model. I'm currently only aware of how to specify the tool geometry and tool holder.

I'm now seeing the "Simulate with Machine" option, however our mill is not in the machine library. Would the approach from here to modify a generic machine to match our setup?

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore

Yes, that's what I would advise. Here are a couple resources for you to consider:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYD1EMOh3WY&t=18s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Afm8nlKTs&t=5s

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
If you want an accurate representation of the toolpaths you create in Autodesk Fusion, you can simulate them driving a model of your machine. The purpose of this Autodesk Fusion Youtube video is to provide an overview of how you can use Machine Definitions and the Machine Builder functionality to
Machine Simulation in Autodesk Fusion has become an extremely valuable tool to many users, especially those doing multi-axis machining. By helping users detect collisions, this functionality brings a new level of confidence to the table. Detecting collisions is just one way Autodesk Fusion helps ...
Message 5 of 5
krooksBLLVU

Excellent, thank you for the information!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report