Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corona Radius

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Fueler
382 Views, 4 Replies

Corona Radius

I don't use them often but when I do a radius operation tasks me. sigh

I have tried different masks and social distancing. Nothing works.

I have some screen shots and the file to look at for help.

The first shot is the tool I am using.

The second shot is the simulation where everything looks and works as it should

The third shot is one I fiddled with to show what is happening at the mill.

The 4th shot is the tool cutter setting window which sits over the library window.

Notice the summary in the library window to the right.

I assume I have been screwing something up but when I see the difference between the cutter window and the summary window I begin to wonder if something is amiss in the software.

Any help appreciated.

360radius2.jpg360radius3.jpg360radius4.jpg360radius1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Fueler
in reply to: Fueler

Did I stump the band?

Message 3 of 5
kamil.malec94

Looks like whatever diameter you input, it then deducts 2x CR (0.015) to get the tip diameter.

Try putting .110 at your "Diameter" column, then the software will calculate that your tip should be 0.080 given specified corner radius. It is definitely misleading, because the software asks for "Diameter", but actually pointing to the tip diameter. 

Message 4 of 5
Fueler
in reply to: kamil.malec94

Interesting.

I will set up in a couple of days and see how that works out.

Thanks

Dave

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I have been using form mills in fusion alot lately. I actually draw the tool in fusion, then output a print and send to the tooling shop. No matter hat tool or shape, I always have to offset it in the machine by alot. I just did an op with a tool exactly like the one you are using and to get it to match the software, i have -0.022 in TL comp and +.015 in radial. Form tools never match on the machine to what I program them to in fusion. we even CMM'ed the tools to make sure they were correct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report