Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constrict Helix Bore Size

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Steinwerks
663 Views, 2 Replies

Constrict Helix Bore Size

How can I restrict a helix bore so that I do not get a slug in the middle of the hole? Basically I have two holes in my part that I want to helix into and then finish the diameter, but I'm wondering if a pocket routine may be the better option with a finish pass and a helix entry. In which case, is there an easy way to center the helical entry on a circular pocket?

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff.walters
in reply to: Steinwerks

This can be done quite easy by going to the Passes tab and selecting Multiple Passes

.Fusion bore.png

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 3 of 3
Steinwerks
in reply to: jeff.walters

Well I was definitely using the wrong path. Basically I'd like a way to mill a round pocket and have the tool helix in the center of the pocket without having to fiddle with the Ramp Radial Clearance. Mastercam had a centering checkbox that just put it on the center point of a circular pocket and I was hoping for a similar solution, but asked the wrong question.
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report