Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

colors in simulation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
billbarschdorf
3066 Views, 4 Replies

colors in simulation

What do the colors represent when running simulations? IS there a particular color that represents that the final net shape has been achieved/machined?  And does each color represent a range of stock that is left over? I used Visual mill for years and each color would represent a specific range of material left on the part.  Does dose fusion do this?

I don't see any reference in the software for this? OR are the colors just a visual thing?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: billbarschdorf

Visual effect, except for red which indicates crash, all other colors alternate to show contrast between operations.

If two tools are blended at same diameter or at same location on surface, two colors will slightly spill into each other to indicate blend.

Message 3 of 5
billbarschdorf
in reply to: Anonymous

So then is there any visual or other way to confirm your model is being milled to final net shape and dimensions? I know you can toggle the model view on or off but something more absolute? Like oh ok it’s blue I’m good! Kinda surprises me the colors are just visual. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: billbarschdorf

I display model with visible edges, when I do simulation I can tell that tool is at its finish pass when edges of model are exposed and colors are mixed with model color.

Model turned off

2019-04-16 10_08_29-Window.jpg

Model turned on

2019-04-16 10_06_52-Window.jpg

Message 5 of 5
billbarschdorf
in reply to: Anonymous

Right thanks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report