Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collision error with the circular Toolpaths

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
realp27606
201 Views, 1 Reply

Collision error with the circular Toolpaths

Getting a rapid collision with stock when using the Circular Toolpaths. Tried the bore and drill Toolpaths and everything is fine.  Read several post on with the rapid collision and tried out some of the suggestions but nothing works. Would be grateful if someone could take a look at my file and provide a suggestion to this problem.  As a work around I will be using the drill Toolpaths. See manufacturing workspace, shelf right and left setup

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
seth.madore
in reply to: realp27606

That's mainly because you have drilled the hole out to 1/4", and then plunged into said hole with the same tool. Due to the accuracy of the simulation, it recognizes it as a collision. Changing the drill cycle to a tool that is slightly larger would eliminate this. On the other hand, I'd just simply ignore that collision, as logic and reason indicate that there is no crash, technically.

A word of caution; you have a programmed feedrate of 150 in/min. Using the formula expressed in THIS ARTICLE, your programmed feedrate should be 4.8". I know that's a far cry off from where you have it, but the ratio of the cutter diameter to hole size diameter needs to be taken into account

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report