Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud post. Am I doing it wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
LibertyMachine
419 Views, 5 Replies

Cloud post. Am I doing it wrong?

I like the idea of using a post processor stored on the cloud, as I often design and program from different computers during different points of the day/week (and I'm always tweaking my post to refine the G-Code even further).

So, I clicked "Enable Cloud Library", and refresh interval is set to 30 seconds.

Restart Fusion, and then with my web browser (Chrome) I go visit my A360 dashboard. There are no folders named CAMPosts, CAMTools, etc., so I create them. I then upload 2 post processors to the post folder. 

Restart Fusion. 

Open up a CAM file I was working on and go to the Post Processor dialog window. I set the file location to "My Cloud Posts". No files found...

If I go the backdoor way to my local cache file locataion, I find all the CAMPosts, CAMTool folders, but they are empty. For gits and shiggles, I tossed my posts into that folder stored locally, and voila! They show up now, but I don't know if that was the proper way to go about setting it up......

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeff.pek
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Hi there - You're on the right track, though it's a small defect that the folders aren't created for you in A360 Drive.

The intended workflow is that you upload the post processor files into these folders in A360 Drive, and then they just show up in My Cloud Posts.

You can just create a "CAMPosts" folder in A360 drive, and this will work.

Cheers,

Jeff

Message 3 of 6
LibertyMachine
in reply to: jeff.pek

Alright....

Prior to dumping my posts in my local cache folder, I had done just that. I created a CAMPosts folder on my A360 drive and then I uploaded to .cps post files to the drive. Restarted Fusion, selected My Cloud Posts, and nothing was there. Refreshed, shut down, tried different computers, nothing. Only when I dumped them in my local cache did they show up. I'm guessing this is incorrect.....

Seth Madore
Message 4 of 6
Tianq

We do meet the same problem as yours and it is under investigation.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave (Qing) Tian

Sr. Software Engineer

Message 5 of 6
jeff.pek

Yes, unfortunately there's a problem in the production build that is preventing proper synching of the library files from A360 Drive.

We worked today to identify and correct the problem, and will be releasing another update to fix this issue ASAP -- hopefully by Monday or so.

Thanks for letting us know about this -- which didn't affect our internal testing due to the environments involved -- and apologies for the inconvenience.

Jeff

Message 6 of 6
LibertyMachine
in reply to: jeff.pek

All good! Glad to know I wasn't being an idiot and missing something extremely basic. It's not an inconvenience, as I wasn't using the Cloud post option prior to this release. I'll continue on as I was and make the switch at a later point

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report