Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chamfer Width & Chamfer Tip Offset

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
richardsalzman
181 Views, 2 Replies

Chamfer Width & Chamfer Tip Offset

I recently started having problem where the chamfer width appears wider than what I programmed for chamfer width.  I am fairly certain that problem is that the tip of the chamfer mill was broken, and I unknowingly measured the tool height with a broken tip.  

It is my understand that the chamfer width (see below) is the width of the chamfer and the chamfer tip offset simply allows you to use more than just the tip of the chamfer mill.  A larger number for the chamfer tip offset moves the tool lower BUT does not change the chamfer width.  

Can you please confirm that this is correct?

Thanks... Richard

richardsalzman_1-1721012584399.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Yes, that is correct

The tooltips that appear when you hover over something in the toolpath dialogue are normally pretty descriptive

alaasW8M6T_0-1721013475276.png

You will definitely get a bigger than expected chamfer if you touch off on a chipped chamfer tool.

Message 3 of 3

Thanks Andrew.  I did read the descriptions and was pretty sure I knew what was happening, but I just wanted verify.  Have a great night.

Richard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report