Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centered facing toolpaths?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jasonmtbx
257 Views, 2 Replies

Centered facing toolpaths?

Hello,

I've noticed that the face operation will make the tool's edge ride along one side of the part, and I was wondering if there was any way to prevent this. For example, when doing multiple parts from one plate, I like to have the face mill centered along each part for aesthetic purposes. I've finagled it a bit and got a working result, but I'm just curious if there's a better way to do it.

Capture.PNG

You can see in this image how the face mill is off center, and the edge of it will ride the right edge of the stock (the plate with the reduced opacity). 

I appreciate any help, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarthBane55
in reply to: jasonmtbx

Did you specify the stock contour to be each of these 2 parts, or did you leave it at default, which would make 1 large rectangle in this case (including both parts in 1 rectangle)?  I think if you pick each face as a separate rectangle it should be centered.

Message 3 of 3
jasonmtbx
in reply to: DarthBane55

You know what, I totally brain-tooted and forgot about that. Though I had to make 2 different face operations to avoid the stepover, because I eyeballed the distance between the two parts. Either way, I appreciate the reply!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report