Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to get rest machining to work with the third tool path

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mcobb
490 Views, 3 Replies

Can't seem to get rest machining to work with the third tool path

I can't seem to get rest machining to work with the third tool path "Finishing Sides with Ball".  It does appear there can be issues with adaptive clearing strategies and rest machining.  Any help on how to avoid remilling all the "air" generated after the first to toolpaths would be greately appreciated.

Mike

https://a360.co/2nQvcnV

Regards,

Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steinwerks
in reply to: mcobb

Getting the file now, but in the future please go to File->Export-As F3D and attach here (if it is not an assembly). It's much faster and makes less work for all parties.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 3 of 4
Steinwerks
in reply to: mcobb

First of all using the Model selection in the toolpath is strictly for adding geometry not included in your Setup, so it is not needed for anything here and can create issues, so from here on it is deselected in all toolpaths on my end.

Turning on Rest Machining - From Setup Stock in the first toolpath will remove the bulk of everything and not leave you with large sections towards the point of the bow and collisions with remaining stock.

image.png

Uncheck the From Setup Stock on your third toolpath and it generates properly:

image.png

File attached, hope this helps!

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 4 of 4
mcobb
in reply to: Steinwerks

Really quite helpful.  There is just so much to digest in executing these toolpaths for a noob like me and you have saved me untold hours of fuss.  Thank you so much.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report