Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not select face of cylindrical part for milling

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GBrueshaber
199 Views, 2 Replies

Can not select face of cylindrical part for milling

I am trying to mill a part using my 4th axis in a Haas mill.  I have been able to get some roughing tool paths by using "rotary" option under multi-axis.  I usually use 2d with a wrapped tool path for this kind of part.  This is a much more complex design than I have made in the past, and I would rather not waste time selecting each contour individually.  Is there a way to select the face of the cylinder.  I've been able to do this in Inventor adaptive 2d, but it will not allow me to do this in Fusion.  Inventor crashes every time I try to program this part.  I've left my current tool paths in the file attached.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
daniel_lyall
in reply to: GBrueshaber

Do an include 3D geometry of the surfaces of the model then you can use this as your toolpath.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=SKT-INCLUDE-3D-GEOMETRY

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3
GBrueshaber
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Thanks for the response!  I tried this morning and it did not solve the problem.  I can select each contour already, which is all this solution would allow.  I would like to select the face of the cylinder and have each contour edge to be selected.  I have no problem doing this on a flat model, but it will not work on this cylindrical surface.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report