Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM : Wrap Tool Path option if Turned On removed Tool Orientation Option ? Is it a Bug ? : in Setup Turning or Mill Turn.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
GermanWings
228 Views, 4 Replies

CAM : Wrap Tool Path option if Turned On removed Tool Orientation Option ? Is it a Bug ? : in Setup Turning or Mill Turn.

Hello,

I was working on a file which has a round feature to be milled on a rotary surface. The Round Feature is available as a flat surface feature to me , now I know fusion takes in a Wrapped Feature to be machined , and then requires "Face" to be selected.

What I am doing ?

I have created 2 Bodies , one is flat with a round hole and another is a cylindrical surface.

My CAM Setup is Turn Mill Type.

My CAM Setup has only one body selected "Cylindrical Surface"

I am using a contour operation , with the Contour selected from the flat surface.

The Problem , Tool Orientation is turned off if I selected a wrap option regardless of "contour selected for machining"

If Turn Tool Orientation on the Wrap is invisible.

What possibly this is ? A bug or this is how it should work ?

My end goal is to machine that contour on the flat surface over The Cylindrical Surface. Now I know that might not be possible , as described above. But the options getting invisible is a problem anyways.

Wrap Option is present !

wrap is off so tool orientation is onwrap is off so tool orientation is onWrap turned on  , Tool Orientation Disappearswrap is on so tool orientation is offwrap is on so tool orientation is off

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
emilie.a
in reply to: GermanWings

Hi @GermanWings 

This is the way this option has always worked. The WCS is set from the cylindrical surface you pic, so tool orientation then becomes unavailable. Currently, it has no more flexibility than this. I'll have a look at your file see if I can see a way of achieving what you do with what we currently have.

Emilie.A
Software Development Manager
Message 3 of 5
engineguy

@GermanWings 

As a "workaround" you could Extrude the hole in the flat plate using a Cylinder to cut the hole in the Tube, you can then use the Wrap as it is intended to be used.

I created a Solid Tube to use as the Stock in the interest of clarity, have a look at the images below and the attached example file, just a rough example to show what could possibly be done, may help you with other ideas 🙂 🙂 🙂

rotary wrap problem-2.jpg

rotary wrap problem.jpg

Message 4 of 5
emilie.a

I think @engineguy 's suggestion is likely the way to go, here.

Emilie.A
Software Development Manager
Message 5 of 5
GermanWings
in reply to: emilie.a

Silly me 😅

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report