Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM from imported part

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
268 Views, 3 Replies

CAM from imported part

I am working through fusion 360 and may already have asked this type of question but still a little confused. I import a file and when the imported file changes VIA Solidworks I need to re enter all the tools and paths. I generate a face, spot drill, drill , pocket contour. I understand I need to click generate tools but is there a way to save all the CAM sequences feeds and all the other things I setup and just re enter the geometry for the new imported file ?  Just trying to eliminate the repetition each time I need to make a small change to the STEP file generated in SW. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

If I understand correctly uploading a new version of your solidworks file overwrites you CAM setups. What you need to do is use 2 designs not one, first upload your solidworks file through the data panel then start a new design and save to the same project\folder. Now insert the solidworks file as a linked component, just drag it from the data panel in your empty design.

If you upload a new version of the solidworks file the link in the second design will show out of date, just click the triangle in top tool bar you you'll be good to go with the updated part. You will probably need to reselect references in the CAM setups and OPs but that's all.

also you might want to take a look at AnyCAD. I've not experimented with it yet but it should automate the import and update of the solidworks file.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Looking at the AnyCAD plug in a bit more and it seems you need Fusion Team as well so you'll have to decide if the extra cost is worth it. Also not sure if AutoDesk will make AnyCAD a paid extra later.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Just remembered Desktop Connector, that might help as well.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report