Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM 2D programming trouble

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
yoshimitsuspeed
1062 Views, 3 Replies

CAM 2D programming trouble

I am trying to figure out how to set a pocket or contour using the profile edge at the top and get it to cut down from there but I cannot figure out how to do this. Normally I would just use the profile at the bottom but in some cases a other modeling operations will have changed or eliminated sections of the profile at the bottom leaving only an unaltered profile at the top or mid way up the pocket.

Is it possible to do this?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1229995573786339/
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Select the chain at the top, then use the hights tab to change the bottom of the pockt from "From Chain" to "Selection"

You can now select a face you want to opperation to go down too.

I hope this helps,

Al

---------
AL Whatmough
Director Product Management - Manufacturing

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
Message 3 of 4
schneik-adsk
in reply to: al.whatmough

I moved this to the CAM section to try and keep cam learnings in one place for future readability and searchability.
Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 4

Lol thanks for making me feel like a dumbass. Should have been able to figure that one out haha.
Thanks.

@al.whatmough wrote:

Select the chain at the top, then use the hights tab to change the bottom of the pockt from "From Chain" to "Selection"

You can now select a face you want to opperation to go down too.

I hope this helps,

Al

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1229995573786339/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report