Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Tool Detection Issue, Large Diameter Tools not offsetting or spinning.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
AaronRonda
156 Views, 3 Replies

Broken Tool Detection Issue, Large Diameter Tools not offsetting or spinning.

Normally when large diameter tools as measured on my 2010 Haas VF4ss they offset and spin counterclockwise so that the edge of the tool contacts the tool probe, however, when running broken tool detection it does not spin or offset, causing a false broken tool alarm and subsequently stopping the program. Is there an adjustment for this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AaronRonda
in reply to: AaronRonda

For clarification, this is a Seco combimaster indexable tool, so offsetting is required to accurately check for breakage.

Message 3 of 4

check your Mill Operator handbook to find the renishaw macro number for tool measure, rotation and change that from the tool measure, no rotation thats currently being output. You may wanna edit the post to also inset the tool dia so you don't run the wrong dia on a tool and run into the same root issue. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 4

That'll probably be the way I'll do it. Any Autodesk engineers want to chime in on why this can't be a setting built into the tool break feature?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report