Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arc end point not on the arc?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
HRTFAB
291 Views, 7 Replies

arc end point not on the arc?

Hi guys, i am using a 99 miltronics vm16 with a centurion 6 control and for the most part most of my fusion posts work just fine however every once in a while and i think its usually using a 2d pocket strategy my milltronics control throws a fault saying that the arc end point is not on the arc? it seems like fusion is posting bad code? has anyone encountered this before? any ideas on how to prevent it? any help is greatly appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
magpiemachining
in reply to: HRTFAB

are you using the Milltronics post? if you are thats the problem

Message 3 of 8
HRTFAB
in reply to: magpiemachining

Yes i am using the milltronics post? what post should i be using? so i figured out that if i change compensation type from "wear" to in computer this problem goes away? im not sure why? ive checked all my tool offsets in the control to make sure they match what fusion 360 has for tool diameters and they are correct, this kind of sketches me out because sometimes when using 2d pocket in fusion 360 with the milltronics post if i dont select wear the in computer compensation doesnt always work, ie sometimes i get a pocket thats the tool radii larger than what is desired? 

Message 4 of 8
magpiemachining

for some reason(I blame DOS) Milltronics doesn't interpret the act correctly and makes a loop and violates the boundary. no one is fixing this either. using any other post but that like a haas post seems to fix this.  when the radius get too small or too close fusion throws up. I was just  telling another dood this same thing. when you use computer it computes all the lead in and ramps. why cant it do this if the wear selected? surfcam  does just that. a lot of simple 2d stuff fusion has a problem with. I've been staying or for 4 years, only because they ask for suggestions. Im not suggesting anymore. figured the best to do is help people now. Also, if you use the trig help in the program this will help if you need too keep using the Milltronics s post.  thats really where it is. Milltronics is DOS base. if you watch DOS is running in the background converting the iso code. this is where I think the problem is. the area repair technician for Milltronics  believes the same. I don't think fusion can fix that part. The Mori post does ok on our Moris. any problems we have there is usually do to something inside fusion. its horrible about violating boundaries. Tag me if you got any other problems

Message 5 of 8
HRTFAB

For anyone who might come across this down the road, i dont reccomend using a haas post with the milltronics, i tried with my 99 and had issues... i wish fusion would fix this pocket issue in the milltronics post its making it really hard for me to make parts with fusion and this mill? whats weird is that sometimes i can use "in computer" with a pocket strategy and it will work just fine, and then sometimes it posts  g code that does not compensate for the cutter, not sure why it only does this sometimes? 

Message 6 of 8
magpiemachining

No luck dood? Is you machine a cent 6?

Message 7 of 8
HRTFAB

not so far, with this particular thing im trying to make im able to use "in computer" and get it to actually post the cutter compensation in the program, on another project i did recently using 2d pocket and in computer selected fusion wouldnt post the cutter compensation in the g code, for that project i had to select finishing passes and  select compensation type as "wear" to actually get what i wanted? It seems like different geometries are causing the software to glitch and not post cutter compensation when in computer is selected, wear would be nice, but at this point i would be happy if in computer worked reliably? Yes i am running a centurion 6 control, and yea it is dos based like you said...

Message 8 of 8
magpiemachining

How does it perform

in the simulation? Any glitches there? I’m asking that because last week I programmed a pocket. Fusion wanted to conventional mill rather than climb mill. I can’t say that it’s related to your problem but I know there are problems. Have a you tried the cetaurian 7 post? I don’t know how this works because the Milltronics 6 and 7 aren’t much different but they have cutter come and end point connecting issues on there own. And they are both dos. But the newer ones are

linux. That maybe a conflict right there also. Is one post for all Milltronics? I don’t know if there’s more than one or not. I think other software there is but I’m not sure here. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report