Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anilam 3300mk processor

54 REPLIES 54
SOLVED
Message 1 of 55
szkiXHQG3
3830 Views, 54 Replies

Anilam 3300mk processor

I am using an older 3300mk Control. Ihave been using the 7872_anilam post process conversional modal v1  processor it seems to work well except every program has to be modified in editor because at the beginning and end of the program it rapids to z 0 usually the traveling across the part. Here is a short section beginning code and end code. 

* ANNA TEST1
* TOOL 1 D=0.5 CR=0 TAPER=45DEG - ZMIN=-0.248 - CHAMFER MILL
Dim Abs
Plane XY
Unit Inch
Tool# 0
Rapid Z0
* ENGRAVE1
Tool# 1
X-3.5015 Y0.9278 Z0.6
Z0.16
Line Z-0.009 Feed 15.
X-3.2571 Y1.0031 Z-0.1222 Feed 30.
X-3.2528 Y1.0044 Z-0.1242
X-3.2486 Y1.0057 Z-0.1264

END Code

X3.2438 Y-0.8844 Z-0.0112
X3.2418 Y-0.8818 Z-0.009
Rapid Z0.2
X3.1739 Y-0.8405
Z0.16
Line Z-0.0093 Feed 15.
X3.1772 Y-0.8377 Feed 30.
Rapid Z0.6
Tool# 0
Z0
X0 Y0
EndMain

54 REPLIES 54
Message 2 of 55
HughesTooling
in reply to: szkiXHQG3

I set the post up so Tool# 0 is maximum retract to the Z limit switch and set all offsets from there. One way you could work around would be to have a holder as tool zero touch the job and zero, move up to a safe point that clears your longest tool and zero again then set your offsets from there. Working from the limit switch or safe point is a lot easier and safer than hard coding a Z height because of the problems you can have with tools with very different lengths.

Matk

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 55
szkiXHQG3
in reply to: HughesTooling

I have considered not using my part surface as z0 but that would mean changing every program I have done so far. I have an old knee mill so z total movement is only about 6 inches. I typically set the 0 of each tool by the knee and break up the program by tool. I have only used z tooling offsets in 1 program so far and both tools were about .100 in length of each other.  I just keep thinking it is something really simple I am missing maybe maybe not. By default in 360 the z0 is the work surface. So it seems silly that they would make the tool rapid to that position.

I do however appreciate the comments and help from those more knowledgeable than myself.

Message 4 of 55
Anonymous

I reworked the anilam post processor for you. If it's not the right post for you, let me know.

This rewrite lifts your tool to .5 above surface. rather than to zero.

I used to have an anilam machine, so I know the frustration you are experiencing.

The reworked post is shared here: http://a360.co/2eEWA39

Message 5 of 55
szkiXHQG3
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you That has solved most of the processor problems I have been having.

Have you ever had the mill have a command to move x y and z and it have an error of radius not found it is only the first modal move line I can put (rapid) in front works every time I can put (line) in front works. Another thing I commonly do is just erase the z value since the line after it has a z value. The funny thing is sometimes it will work fine for a few runs of the program then it will find it as an error. In my above example it is this..... 

Tool# 1
X-3.5015 Y0.9278 Z0.6
Z0.16
Line Z-0.009 Feed 15.

Message 6 of 55
HughesTooling

I'm pretty sure moves are modal even between programs, so if the last move in a program is a Rapid it not canceled. Can be dangerous if you stop a program half way through.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 55

That code is pretty common for lots of controls, but all Anilam users are taught to use that format. I assume you're not using tool length offsets, but instead setting zero at the top of the part.  Most people set zero at the fully retracted position and then offset the tool down to the part. So canceling the Tool Offset (Tool 0) and then moving to Z0, will move the quill to a safe zone, above the part.

This is the same way I program my Anilam control (Anilam 1100, which is the same format as the 3000 series control).

Message 8 of 55
Anonymous

I switched the post to output in radius rather than XYIJ

try this post it may help

http://a360.co/2eEWA39

Message 9 of 55
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

I found the Anilam gave even more trouble using R, did you just change the option in user parameters to yes.

Capture4.PNG

In the Anilam control there's an option for a tolerance for arc errors, there are 2 options, move centres or move endpoints. Anilam's advice is to set it to move endpoints which is terrible advice, if you move the endpoint you will not reach the programed position.

Here's an example of move endpoints ending up 0.05mm out of position, X should be -15.00.

10259_Clipboard02

The problem using R is the arc tolerance allowance in the control has no effect. I don't know why Anilam had so much trouble getting arcs working, they tried to tell me the problem was the CAM's not accurate enough. When I told them it ran on my Eztrak, Heidenhain and Charmilles wire eroder they stopped wanting to talk to me. One final note on the tolerance setting, it doesn't change to match the units the control is running in, I think it's set to 0.005", if your control is set to mm it stays set to 0.005mm not 0.012. 

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 10 of 55
HughesTooling

@szkiXHQG3 wrote:

Thank you That has solved most of the processor problems I have been having.

Have you ever had the mill have a command to move x y and z and it have an error of radius not found it is only the first modal move line I can put (rapid) in front works every time I can put (line) in front works. Another thing I commonly do is just erase the z value since the line after it has a z value. The funny thing is sometimes it will work fine for a few runs of the program then it will find it as an error. In my above example it is this..... 

Tool# 1
X-3.5015 Y0.9278 Z0.6
Z0.16
Line Z-0.009 Feed 15.

@szkiXHQG3 What post gave this code and can you share a Fusion design that gives this error. Export the design and save as an f3d. I've never seen that happen, the only thing I can think of is the control is still set to an arc move, is this the modified post?

Mark.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 11 of 55
HughesTooling

@szkiXHQG3 Give the attached post a try. I've added a parameter to the post, ZHome. Warning test carefuly and be careful because the CAM will not know where you've positioned the Z.

Capture4.PNG

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 12 of 55

"Warning test carefully and be careful because the CAM will not know where you've positioned the Z."

I understand that you might be using just 1 tool. So it seems easier to just touch off of the top of the part and set zero.  But you should consider just putting in a 1" Tool Length Offset and touch off of a 1" block. In the long run it is safer ans still allows for a TLO adjustment at the machine.  Just my .02¢   From a guy who used to work for Anilam teaching their programming classes.

Message 13 of 55
mike.mattera
in reply to: mike.mattera

However I do plan on downloading the post to see what you did and how you did it. Thanks for your efforts to make these changes. I hope it will be a learning experience for me.

Message 14 of 55

@mike.mattera wrote:

"Warning test carefully and be careful because the CAM will not know where you've positioned the Z."

I understand that you might be using just 1 tool. So it seems easier to just touch off of the top of the part and set zero.  But you should consider just putting in a 1" Tool Length Offset and touch off of a 1" block. In the long run it is safer ans still allows for a TLO adjustment at the machine.  Just my .02¢   From a guy who used to work for Anilam teaching their programming classes.

Yes Mike, I wouldn't use a post like this. I work off the machine Z home like you described, I suggested the same. But it seems @szkiXHQG3 is pretty determined to stick with the way he's been working and just removing the first Z move from the post is even more dangerous!

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 15 of 55

@HughesTooling Mark, do you have an Anilam control too?

Message 16 of 55

@mike.mattera You might want to read through this post, I made some pretty big changes from the generic post. Support told me conversational posts couldn't have modal moves, I like a challenge and they were wrong.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 17 of 55

@mike.mattera wrote:

@HughesTooling Mark, do you have an Anilam control too?

Yes but the experience has not been good. I guess the control programmers were as good as Fanuc and Heidenhain but too many people between the users and the programmers. The UK managing director didn't want to listen to the problems I had and the salesman just stared at his feet looking rather embarrassed. Sorry for the rant!

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 18 of 55

Sounds like you're a fan of the Heidenhain control also. IMHO one of the most sophisticated controls on the market.  Powerful macro language. I used to teach Heidenhain programming when I worked for Hermle Machine.

Message 19 of 55
Anonymous

I changed the true/false value in the post itself.

Looks like you are on the trail of this one! Good job!
Message 20 of 55
szkiXHQG3

This was done using the latest coding you did for me. Although I dont think the way I saved it processed it. Included a screen shot of old settings if that helps. 

I am very new to all this and really appreciate the help. I took cnc classes but that was about 25 years ago much has changed. My old boss passed away and I ended up with this mill which belonged to him. I am trying to have fun with it while learning how to operate it effectively. I spend allot of time watching the NYCcnc videos to learn.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report