Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alter return home sequence

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
info99H4D
298 Views, 6 Replies

Alter return home sequence

I've been using Fusion 360 to program bar puller work recently and to save cycle time I've been manually editing the post to return to a safe position for tool change in a single move.  Is this possible to have Fusion do this for me but only when I ask it to do so?

For example at present before a tool change it posts:

G53 G0 X-100

G53 Z-200

I would like:

G53 G0 X-100 Z-200

Also I have noticed that if I put an X G53 home position as -100 it will actually post X-200.  

Ideally I'd like to make use of the "Index on the fly" feature but I'm not sure if Fusion supports this.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @info99H4D 

could you attach the post processor file you are using, So that I can take a look into it.

Boopathi Sivakumar
Senior Technology Consultant

Message 3 of 7
info99H4D
in reply to: info99H4D

Thanks for the reply.  

Please see attached.

Message 4 of 7

Hi @info99H4D 

Sorry for the delay in reply this thread got missed from my check list

here is the change you need to make in the post to get what you wanted

edit the post and find for function writeRetract

replace the function with this logic

/** Write retract in XY/Z. */
function writeRetract(section, retractZ) {
  var _skipBlock = skipBlock;
  if (!isFirstSection()) {
    if (gotYAxis) {
      skipBlock = _skipBlock;
      writeBlock(gFormat.format(53), gMotionModal.format(0), "Y" + yFormat.format(properties.g53HomePositionY)); // retract
      yOutput.reset();
    }
    skipBlock = _skipBlock;
    writeBlock(gFormat.format(53), gMotionModal.format(0), "X" + spatialFormat.format(properties.g53HomePositionX),conditional(retractZ,"Z" + zFormat.format((section.spindle == SPINDLE_SECONDARY) ? properties.g53HomePositionSubZ : properties.g53HomePositionZ))); // retract
    xOutput.reset();
    if (retractZ) {
      //skipBlock = _skipBlock;
      //writeBlock(gFormat.format(53), gMotionModal.format(0), "Z" + zFormat.format((section.spindle == SPINDLE_SECONDARY) ? properties.g53HomePositionSubZ : properties.g53HomePositionZ)); // retract with regard to spindle
      zOutput.reset();
    }
  }
}

Save and test it, 

Now it also eliminates the x value doubling in the output as well

Boopathi Sivakumar

Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your input.

I've tested this and it works although it still seems to double to X value.  Is it possible to alter the return sequence as well?  At the moment it will rapid in Z to the safe Z position then rapid in X.  Ideally I'd like to have these both go on the same line.

Message 6 of 7

To avoid print X twice then you just need to find all the xFormat.format(properties.g53HomePositionX)

in the post and you need to replace it with

spatialFormat.format(properties.g53HomePositionX)

this will solve the issue and to alter the return sequence find for this codes

previousABC.setZ(cOutput.getCurrent());
    } else {
      writeBlock(gMotionModal.format(0), zOutput.format(initialPosition.z));
      writeBlock(gMotionModal.format(0), xOutput.format(initialPosition.x), yOutput.format(initialPosition.y));
    }
  }
  // enable SFM spindle speed

Change it to like below

previousABC.setZ(cOutput.getCurrent());
    } else {
      writeBlock(gMotionModal.format(0), xOutput.format(initialPosition.x), zOutput.format(initialPosition.z), yOutput.format(initialPosition.y));
    }
  }
  // enable SFM spindle speed

Save and test it carefully 

Boopathi Sivakumar

Message 7 of 7

Thanks for that - I've made the changes as per your suggestions and everything seems to be working perfectly now.  The program is coming out with the correct X & Z movements as I was hoping.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report