Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additive Travel Speed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fsonnichsen
236 Views, 2 Replies

Additive Travel Speed

I am using the design in the attachment to test extruder retraction rates. The two more separated "posts" are about 20mm apart. The extruder travels between these posts during depositing of course.

Visually this travel seems to be a very slow process. I  "thought" that " Travel Speed in the Print Settings controlled this: I have it defaulted to 250mm/s. It certainly is not that fast--more like 5mm/s.

I looked thru the GCODE an I don't think the speed is being posted there. Probably I have a misconception about which parameter is needed to control this travel-any input appreciated-

Thanks

Fritz

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
fsonnichsen
in reply to: fsonnichsen

Watching my system "crawl" at about half the expected speed tonight, this problem still persists. I will move the job to CURA for now but I noticed a post which apparently reveals the same problem:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-manufacture/additive-anycubic-post-painfully-slow-travel-t...

I am using a Creality Ender 5 on WIN10. It seems like the root cause is unit conversion but looking at the older post above it appears that this problem was never solved.

Fritz

Message 3 of 3
fsonnichsen
in reply to: fsonnichsen

Just some added documentation here:

I measured the time between extrusion-less transits for the present print and it is about 10mm in 3 seconds.  The Post output on my WIN10 machine show a "high feedrate" of 236

The prints are taking about 3 times the 2 hours calculated by fusion.

fs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report