Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Clearing - Direction Change Pulsing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bbunchNU73V
680 Views, 5 Replies

Adaptive Clearing - Direction Change Pulsing

Hey guys having an issue I'd like to solve.  I am running a Hurco VM1 Ultimax.  

I run into issues machining when I am roughing with either 2d or 3d adaptive clearing.  It seems when the tool path changes directions my machine pulses through the direction change and then takes off again through it's linear or radial path which is smooth.  If I use contour the machine takes the entire tool path smoothly whith out any issues.  It doesn't seem to change based on program or changes I make to the feeds, speeds, smoothing, or feed optimization parameters I change.  I use the Hurco 3D post from the available Autodesk posts and have it set to basic NC. 

I cut a lot of different materials using different tools and cutting parameters and it doesn't seem to matter.  Anyone ever run into this issue or have a solution I haven't tried?  Only thing I can think of is that it may be in the post, but that is over my head. 

Look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and solutions! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@bbunchNU73V 

It seems the problem with the smoothing,

can you just share your model so that we can have a look at it

File>Export> .f3d 

and reattach to this post

Thanks,

Boopathi

Boopathi Sivakumar
Sr Application Engineer
www.usamcadsoft.in
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6

Please see the attached model and screenshots of my program settings.  Like I mentioned above I've played around a lot with the smoothing settings, in different materials with different tools, feeds, speeds, and materials, and have never been able to fix this issue.  Let me know what you think, as my understanding of how it works is not perfect.

Message 4 of 6

It comes down to your Tolerance and Smoothing, and what works best for your machine. This is what you are seeing for points with your settings of .002" Tol. and .0002" Smoothing. Each one of these black points represents a new line of code:2019-05-04_06h39_13.png

This is what you would see with a .0005" and .001" tolerance:

2019-05-04_06h41_58.png

Find what works best for your machines and the speeds you want to run. It's not a "one-size-fits-all" setting. I've settled on .0005" and .001" for my Mori and it works as well in my Kitamura. YMMV

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 5 of 6

Thank you!  I'll have play with it and see what I can do!

Message 6 of 6

Thank you man!  I went in and plugged those parameters in today and it was almost silent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report