Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few minor questions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tjd10684
326 Views, 4 Replies

A few minor questions

Ok first off we got a new Prototrack LPM machine in at work and so far everything is working OK but I always have to edit the gcode for tool changes. Here is an example

(FLAT ROUGHING)
N0020 M09
N0025 T03 M06
N0030 T01
N0035 S5514 M03
N0040 G54
N0045 M08
N0055 G00 X2.1811 Y-4.3255
N0060 G43 Z1.0355 H03
N0065 G00 Z0.6355

The under lined section makes the tool changer basically ignore the tool change. The correct offset is applied on N0060 but the tool does not load properly. Basically it just needs N0030 taken out. This happen on every tool change. I would also like to remove the line numbers since it machine just ignores them and it clutters up the NC editor. I am sure thats easy enough I just have not found the button yet, but the extra tool change line is kinda a deal breaker. Can anyone help with that?

Second where did Manual NC go? I would like to do some A axis indexing and since thats not an option yet I figured I could just insert a Manual NC pass through. But I dont see the button anywhere. I can use it in HSM Express in SW2015 but I am trying to move over more and more of my stuff to Fusion but if I can't do any indexing its going to be a bit harder.

Thanks for the help

-Tom

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Lonnie.Cady
in reply to: tjd10684

N025 tool is the tool change line the N030 is trying to pre load the next tool like you would on a side mount tool changer.  Turn off preload in the post options.

You can turn off line numbers in post options also by changing the show sequenceNumbers to no.

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 5
Lonnie.Cady
in reply to: Lonnie.Cady

As for the manual NC operation in Fuison I think it is only available thru the RMB menu.

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 5
tjd10684

Yup thats got it. I guess the mistake I was basically making was assumeing that since HSM express and fusion use basically the same CAM in the background that the UI would be just about the same. Thanks a lot!

Message 5 of 5
Lonnie.Cady

No problem, If I remember correctly in the beginning in HSMWorks it was only in the RMB menu also.  But not certain.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report