Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th-Axis Turnmilling with tool-axis parallel to C-Axis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MantaHai
169 Views, 1 Reply

4th-Axis Turnmilling with tool-axis parallel to C-Axis

Hello,

for experiments i need to turnmill a part with my tool axis parallel to the Z-Axis as shown in the second part of the Video. But unlike in the Video, i want the driven tool to be more or less static regarding Y and X (depending on the curve) and the C-Axis taking care of the rest. Basically what the 4th-Axis rotation in the first part of the video does, but with a different tool orierentation.

So i have four questions now:

1. Is @Anonymous  finally planning to add this functionality to Fusion360 so you can actually see the C-Axis and Tool-Axis Movement?
  2. When will this happen?
  3. If so, can you please make the C-Axis and Tool-Axis turningspeed visible and controable resp. it's important for the surfacequality of turnmilled parts to control the RPM-ratio between Tool and Workpiece
  4. Can postprocessors automatically decide if the use the C-Axis like in my example the Doosan Turn/Mill PostProcessor?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
seth.madore
in reply to: MantaHai

1) This will be possible when Machine Simulation becomes possible for Mill/Turn machines

2) We can't give you a date, but it's very high on our priority list (Note; high on priority does not correlate to how soon something is made available)

3) Before I pass this feedback on to the appropriate developer, can you clarify what you're expecting to see/influence?

4) Yes, this is controllable in the post by inserting a Manual NC before the respective toolpath of "usePolarMode"

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report